Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 15: Baby, Baby, Baby

When you know that speculum is coming at you, it can be a little scary. I've never actually seen a speculum, believe it or not. I'm so afraid of them that I worry seeing one will only intensify my fears. Things have widened up down there over the last year after having two babies; so, this time wasn't a big deal at all.

The nurse who performed the IUI (intrauterine insemination), said that she could tell I ovulated because I had lots of cervical mucus (Who doesn't love a compliment about their cervical mucus?). She also said she thought the procedure went just perfectly. She got into my cervix easily, and nothing leaked back out.

So, that was it. I lay on the table for 30 minutes with my hips elevated and then came home and lay in bed most of the day. Lying in bed all day is not a requirement. Technically, I could have gone back to work, but why would I do that?

Now, we wait and pray and believe. For the first time ever, I got the nurse to tell me the date of the blood test in secret so Skyler wouldn't know. I have never been able to surprise him before. With Gabriel, he just pretended he was surprised because I told him to. With Tater Tot, I couldn't handle the stress, so I had to tell him about the waiting. This time, I"m going to surprise him and have that wonderful, delicious moment . . . and all the other moments after that, too.

4 comments:

  1. So excited for you! I've been praying for you guys a lot today... now for the waiting :) Keep me posted!!
    -Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miracles! God bless you and Skyler! I am beside myself with hope and yes, excitement! Keeping the test date a secret will be so hard when you're brimming with anticipation. Good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed and cried...Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete