Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 1

Today is Day 1. I can't tell you how happy that makes me. Leading up to this, I thought I was going to feel nervous and robbed of the excitement and joy I felt the previous times, if simply out of caution--caution because maybe I'm just not completely sure this can happen anymore. But when the clock struck twelve and the calendar rolled to 2011, I felt different. I felt hope. I began counting the days and anticipating a year in which wonderful things will happen to me.

I counted to today. Day 1. My fertility medications came in the mail today ($628 for Follistim 900 and Novarel). I called the doctor's office to let them know it's time. The nurse gave me the much anticipated schedule of events:

Jan. 9 = Begin taking Femara (an oral medication to regulate my cycle) twice a day for five days.
Jan. 11 = Start Follistim (a hormone to make me produce mature follicles (eggs)) injections each evening for six days.
Jan. 17 = Follicle scan at 8:15 AM to see how many follicles I produced (I had two when I got pregnant with Gabriel and three when I got pregnant with Tater Tot)
Jan. 19 = THE BIG DAY!!! Be at the doctor's office at 8:00 AM for the IUI

This is it, my faithful readers. This is really going to happen. Please pray, pray, pray. And thank you, because I know you already do.

10 comments:

  1. Praying and sending nothing but possitive thoughts your way!! Good luck and remember to try and stay positive and relaxed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear your good news! Blog looks great. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!! See, I did read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's exciting! I'll be praying and awaiting wonderful news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So believing that it's going to happen and, given the date of your IUI, the new arrival could come on my birthday!! Love and best wishes to you and Skyler!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying that 2011 is going to be your year of nothing but happiness!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm praying for that, too. And believing. Thank you, everyone, for all of these delicious comments! I eat it up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are in my prayers!! Looking forward to what God has in store for you this year! Believing for the best!!! Love ya! :) Stace

    ReplyDelete