Saturday, September 24, 2011

37 Weeks 3 Days: Signs

Constantly feeling sore and swollen "down there," especially when I'm walking around all day at work.

Baby dropped even lower.

Lost mucus plug Thursday afternoon.

Light pink streaks on the toilet paper this morning.

Less movement from baby.

Can't stop cleaning, packing our bags, unpacking, repacking.

I really want her to stay in for 11 more days. I want a 39 week baby. I want the dream birth. But, the dream birth is really one that is followed up by coming home . . . with my living, breathing, real-life baby. I think what I really want is to be in control. I had no control with my other two. The pregnancies (and the babies) just disappeared suddenly, with no warning. Suddenly going into labor with Gabriel was very scary--and sad. Ever since I lost my plug on Thursday, I've been moping around like it's the end while everyone else is celebrating a new beginning for me. There's a part of me that doesn't really believe this is happening--a part of me that is still so afraid that something could make her disappear, too.

Okay, Mommies. Please tell me your experiences with mucus plugs and pink streaks. What does it mean? When does it mean?

3 comments:

  1. I lost my plug over a week ago and still havent dilated past a 2. Ive been having contractions for 3 weeks and Ive had spotting twice. Maggie is in no hurry and will probably have to be evicted tomorrow night as planned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost mine, but I don't really remember when. I still had to be induced at 41 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Hattie's Momma. That does make me feel better. I haven't had any contractions. I get checked on Monday. Thanks for reading and becoming a follower!

    ReplyDelete