Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Just to Let You Know . . .

. . . about the "BBQ" portion of this blog and why you haven't read anything about it lately. I think it's going by the wayside.

I included BBQ in the title of this blog (over a year ago now) because, at the time, I didn't know for sure that I would have Babies (as in more than one) to write about. I didn't know if I was pregnant with Tater Tot yet. If I was, I wanted the blog to be all about her. If I wasn't, I still needed something to blog about, and, at the time, BBQ concessions was something we were really busy with.

Fast forward one year: I'm very pregnant (too pregnant to help with festivals), and my husband, Phat Skinny, has a full time job. It makes it very difficult to do something that is such hard work and so time consuming. We are (gasp!) talking about giving up the BBQ business altogether. Like, I think I might have even him talked into selling the smoker (any takers?).

We went to two festivals this summer. The first was the Murray Kentucky Freedom Fest and the following weekend was Albion Pork Days in Albion, IL. Neither went well at all. The Freedom Fest has always been a homerun for us, but not so this year as they changed some things about the festival without really letting us know. This greatly affected the attendance. Albion Pork Days, of course, is nothing to write home about, but we did good enough there last year just selling shake-ups. This year, not so much. It's very discouraging. I think he's going to go to Grayville Days in Grayville, IL over Labor Day Weekend, just to do shake-ups, though. Honestly, meat just costs too much. It's too risky and takes too much preparation and we just don't have time for it.

For all you Fairfield readers, I know what you're thinking. What about the Fall Fun Fest? Yeah, we know. There really is no doubt about our ability to be successful at the FFF considering that you all are BBQ nacho fanatics. BUT, Skyler won't go. I will be past 36 weeks at that time, and he is very afraid of putting that much money into going and having to leave everything because the baby makes an early appearance. Besides, there is no way I can work it, and he just doesn't have anyone to help him.

I've been thinking about changing the name of this blog because of this, but I'm not sure if I should. I have quite the following and don't want to do anything to mess that up. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I say write about what you love and what makes you happy. I personally love reading about your pregnancy and believe me you'll have plenty of material once that little girl gets here!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BBQ nachos sound amazing right about now :) You guys make the best!

    ReplyDelete