Thursday, August 11, 2011

31 Weeks 1 Day: Being a Good Girl

She has her head down! Her head is down and facing my right, facing the placenta actually. Her feet are up on my right side, and her little butt is over on my left. That's what I keep seeing stick up in a hard ball sometimes. I guess she likes to shake her booty!

Her weight is 3 lbs 13 oz. which is 46th percentile, completely average. The sonographer said she expects her to be about 6 lbs when I go back in four weeks, but of course she can't be sure. The baby's main job from now on is to pack on the weight. I guess it's my job to help her do that any way I can. Ha!

Baby Girl kept doing the most adorable thing all through the ultrasound. She was opening her mouth really wide and taking big gulps of amniotic fluid. Then, she would lick her lips and stick her tongue out like she thought is was so good. We could see her practicing her sucking with her sweet little lips. It looks like she is going to be a good eater!

The doctor checked my cervix  yesterday even though she felt it was unnecessary. Maybe it was, but I am now six days past when I had Gabriel, and I know how fast that thing can open up. Too fast. She said it was completely closed, and she could feel the baby's head resting on it.

I really hoped to get a good picture of the baby's face. However, she is hiding her face in the placenta and would only show us half of it. It looks like she has chubby cheeks, and I'm wondering if she has a dimple in her chin. Can you see dimples on ultrasounds? I don't know. Also, we still couldn't get any clear profile or face shots because her face is right underneath of a big knot I have on my belly caused by the heparin shots. The bruising interferes with the image. I guess we'll just have to wait until the birth to see her just like the pioneer women had to do. :) 

My cute baby foot
My pretty profile

My face cuddled up to the placenta

I have chubby cheeks. Mom wonders if I have a dimple in my chin.

It looks like the placenta is in my eye! I'm just all cuddled up with it.

I have a perfect spine. You know it makes my mom so proud.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you guys stopped by....very happy she is doing so well. I am also happy she performed for me and I got to feel her kick!

    ReplyDelete