Monday, August 29, 2011

33 Weeks 5 Days: So, Here's How It Is For Me Now

  • Five weeks and two days left before Little Sister makes her long awaited arrival.
  • I have to pee at least every hour while I'm at work, sometime every 30 minutes.
  • I get up to pee at least once every night, sometimes twice.
  • Sometimes I can go back to sleep after getting up to pee. Sometimes I lay there for a few hours, and, of course, manage to fall asleep right before the alarm clock goes off.
  • We go through a ton of toilet paper at our house because I can't stop peeing.
  • Sometimes I can't stop peeing even when I'm not in the bathroom.
  • Heartburn (aka liquid hot magma) is an everyday part of my life now. I chew anywhere from four to 10 Tums a day. Unlike my heartburn with Gabriel, this heartburn took longer to show up, but seems to be unrelated to what I eat, just that I have eaten or drank. I instantly feel the burn if I make the unwise decision to bend over to, I don't know, tie my shoes or pick something up off the floor.
  • Getting up off the floor is a challenge, but I can still manage it.
  • Rolling over in bed . . . it's not easy.
  • Managing to get out of bed in the morning . . . it's not pretty.
  • I have round ligament pain quite often, mostly in my lower left side.
  • I can't walk without waddling. I've tried. I really just can't.
  • My belly is bruised, bumpy, and soar from the 400 or so injections I've given myself.
  • My health is excellent. My blood pressure is consistently 120/70, and I never got gestational diabetes.
  • I have varicose veins on my left leg in one spot just under my knee. They started developing when I was pregnant with Gabriel. It's the same spot where I had a hard knot that sent me to the hospital right after his birth. This pregnancy is making them much more noticeable.
  • Baby Girl's heart rate was 156 bpm at our last exam.
  • My weight . . . well, I'm not proud of it, but I haven't gained an unheard of amount or anything. Still, I've quit letting them weigh me at the doctor's office. It has nothing to do with my health or the baby's.
  • I feel her kicking and wiggling all the time. I can feel a hard spot on my left side where her cute little butt is stuck up in the air. She loves to shake it!
  • Nesting . . . I'm trying, but it isn't instinctive for me. I'm doing a little at a time, but let's face it; It's not like our pets are going to quit shedding just because I clean the house for the baby.
  • The nursery is painted, but that's as far as it's gotten. Stay tuned for updates on that next week.
  • I find that I can't walk without resting my hand on my belly. I remember the few weeks after Gabriel's birth when I would catch myself walking around like that. I'd have to remind myself that there was no one there to hold onto. It is so good to have someone to cherish again.
  • She doesn't like spaghetti sauce near as much as she used to. It's the liquid hot magma. Most of the time we are happy just eating a bowl of cereal for supper.

***Author's note: I'm so sorry it has been almost three weeks since my last blog post! That is the longest I've ever been. I've just been very busy with work, extra things I always seem to be doing, painting the nursery, nesting, and, oh yeah, just being too tired to mess with it. Plus, she's just so perfect that there isn't much to tell . . . other than she is amazing and we love her so much. 

3 comments:

  1. Zantac!!!!! I had to take two a day during my pregnancy. They work great and my doc said its completely safe! Of course, checks with your doc first. The Walmart brand is just as good and a fourth of the cost! Best wishes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to read this. She's coming soon! :)

    B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I know, I know none of those things are easy, but welcome to the "End of the Pregnancy" club! Marvelous, isn't it! (Angela Vaughan)

    ReplyDelete