Wednesday, July 13, 2011

27 Weeks: They're Gone!!!

The choroid plexus cysts on her brain are gone! At our 27 week ultrasound today (that's the third trimester!), her head was the first thing to come up on the screen. I could see right away that her head shape is perfect. It was so obvious that even I could believe it. Then, I could see that the scary black spots were gone! She has a perfect head and a perfect brain. I've waited so long for this thing that so many take for granted.

Magnificent, don't you think?

Then, we saw that Baby Girl is misbehaving a bit (She's a female. She does what she wants!) She is in the frank breech position. This means her head is up, her butt is down, and her feet are up by her face. 

Can you see her head on the left with her feet right above it and her bottom on the right? I think she's gonna be a gymnast. Her flexibility is pretty impressive!

It really was incredible watching my perfect baby today. I know perfection is what everyone expects, but for me, "normal" feels like an absolute miracle. My baby is normal, though. Actually, I'm pretty sure she far surpasses that. 

Her weight today is 2lbs 4 oz. She wiggled and moved during the entire ultrasound. She would not, however, move her feet and hands away from her face to get a good picture. I'm sure she just wants to make a dramatic entrance.

Speaking of the entrance, we discussed the delivery with the doctor today. In the beginning of the pregnancy, the doctor mentioned inducing me at 38 weeks. I've been pondering an induction lately, and it has me a little worried. She wants to time the birth with me going off the heparin and baby aspirin. I thought I was going off the heparin at 36 weeks. Wrong! I'm going off the aspirin at 36 weeks, but I'm not going off the heparin until the day before the delivery. The advantage of timing the delivery is knowing when to go off the medicine. Most women, as she says, worry about going off the heparin and still being pregnant. Right now, though, I don't really need the heparin to keep my baby alive like I did in the first trimester. Still, my doctor said she can't exactly guarantee that nothing will go wrong if I go off the heparin and then stay pregnant for another week or two. She even threw out the s word (stillbirth), which I'm quite sure she wouldn't use around me unless she really needed to. So, after this appointment, I'm not sure if we'll go for a 38 week induction, but I might let it happen at 39 weeks. Obviously, we need to pray about this.






2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord for all the good news-- I had to laugh at the picture of her foot in front of her face-- I love her personality already!! I know induction isn't ideal, but I've done it twice and it does have its benefits. We can chat about that stuff later :) Can't wait to see you again this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also praying she does a turn before delivery too-- how precious to know everything is going well otherwise though!

    ReplyDelete