Wednesday, April 13, 2011

14 Weeks: Second Trimester!!!



We officially reached the second trimester today! Yippee! It feels so good to hit this milestone. I've been here before, of course, but it's different this time. As you know, I reached the second trimester with Gabriel. I remember that day. I remember what I said . . .

"The second trimester. I'm home free!"

Two weeks later, I found out that wasn't true. Don't worry. I'm not at all concerned about that happening again. I know that it won't. Still, I remember.

I remember how I couldn't wait to reach the second trimester milestone with Tater Tot. I wanted the fun part of pregnancy to begin. I wanted to watch her grow and feel her moving inside me. As you know, that didn't happen. Don't worry. I'm not at all concerned about that happening this time. I know that it won't.

Isn't that so cool? This is something that, up until now, only happens to other people. But, now, it's really happening to me! God loves me.

Funny nickname story of the day: My third graders were talking about the nicknames Miracle Whip, Cool Whip, and Whipped Cream. One little boy chimes in with one he thought fit, "Sour Cream!" Of course, I have to tell him no because I want my baby to be sweet, not sour. After class he comes up to me and says, "Mrs. James, why don't you want to name your baby Sour Cream and Onion? I think it's so cute!"

Pregnancy cravings: We have to eat something with spaghetti sauce every day at my house. Sunday we had spaghetti. Tuesday we had spaghetti. Yesterday I ran out of spaghetti so I sent Daddy to town for lasagna. As I was eating the lasagna, we had to discuss what other restaurants in town might have a spaghetti sauced dish I might like, and I was planning when I would be making my own lasagna. I've thought about it, and I'm pretty sure I'd like to sit down to a warm bowl of spaghetti sauce and eat it like soup. I won't, though, because that's ridiculous. I've also been thinking about growing lots and lots of tomatoes this summer. My sister's analysis of this is that my baby might be an Italian.

2 comments:

  1. You are too funny Bonnie! Congrats on hitting the milestone- soak up every minute of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Second trimester. It is the best! Enjoy it! I love the spaghetti cravings!! So funny.

    ReplyDelete