Friday, April 8, 2011

13 Weeks 2 Days: Mama Just Couldn't Handle It

I've been completely fine. BUT, at this stage in the game, Mama has no way to tell how Baby is doing. I can't feel him/her or see him/her. It makes me a little nervous. Plus, I do have the baby sucking antibodies inside of me. I know the medicine I'm taking is working, but a little reassurance goes a long way. Besides, I'm off work this week. Stopping by the doctor's office was no big deal. They said I could come anytime, so I called while I was on my way over to ask if I could come. They are really good to me. The sonographer told me to come on over.

What did we see? A perfect little baby that is almost four inches long with a heart rate of 160 beats per minute (I'm not sure how accurate that is because everytime she tried to measure it, he/she jumped and messed up the reading.), a perfectly forming brain, a beautiful spine, and long legs. For most of the ultrasound, he/she was sleeping on his/her belly. After much coaxing, he/she woke up and tried to turn over so we could see that beautiful face. He/she wasn't doing it correctly, though. Those long legs were tucked up under, and he/she kept pushing that little butt up to the sack and wasn't accomplishing anything. It was really cute!

I was also told today that I might not be able to feel the baby moving for a while because his/her legs are pointed towards the placenta. We could actually see the baby kicking the placenta. It goes feet, placenta, bladder. Oh, brother! At 16 weeks, we saw Gabriel repeatedly kicking me in the bladder on an ultrasound. I'm in trouble. I got up four times last night to pee! How's a babymama supposed to get any rest? One (kind of) funny thing about this morning, I did not have much to drink this morning, but I peed right before the ultrasound. During the 20 minutes I was on screen, we could watch my bladder filling up, and by the time it was over I had to go again. It's ridiculous. Oh, what we go through for our precious babies.


1 comment: