Wednesday, March 23, 2011

11 Weeks: Thump! Thump!

Don't even try to tell me that's not what I felt. I. Know. That. Feeling.

Sitting in my classroom this morning with my students gathered around me, I am focused on them, not my baby. Out of nowhere I feel two small thumps under my belly button. Was that what I think it was?

I stop what I'm doing and look down at my belly, willing it to happen again. I know that feeling.

"I think I just felt the baby move!" I tell the kids.

One girl looks at me, a little unsure. "Is that (gulp!) bad?"

"Oh, no. It's good!" I am on Cloud Nine the rest of the day.

I know what you're thinking--it was gas. NO IT WASN'T! I know what gas feels like, and I know what a baby feels like. I felt my baby!

I don't know when I will feel him/her again, maybe not for a while. But honestly, this couldn't have been a better gift that the Lord just snuck in there for me today. We are 11 weeks today--exactly the gestational age and day of the week that we found out sweet Tater Tot went night-night. March 23 is also Gabriel's original due date (March 23, 2010 actually). We, of course, know the Lord had a better due date picked out all along.

Thank you, Jesus, for Miracle Whip. Thank you for the miracle of feeling him/her living life inside me on a day that I otherwise only know with sadness.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you felt Miracle Whip doing a little dance today! I'm convinced he/she plans to keep dancing with excitement until he/she is being held in Mommy and Daddy's arms.

    Lanette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you felt the first movements on the the day that you did. Just one more message from God telling you to keep the faith. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete