Saturday, February 5, 2011

4 Weeks 3 Days: God Still Resurrects Dreams


 God loves me so much! I’m pregnant! We’re having a baby! Or two!!!

I’m sorry I left you hanging for a week with no news, but I wanted to be able to surprise my husband if there was going to be news to surprise him with. 

Sunday, day 26, I missed my period. I felt pretty good about it but still went to the bathroom about every 30 minutes to check.

Monday, day 27, I still didn’t get my period. Then, I felt really good about everything. Still, there was a chance I could get it, but I doubted it.

Tuesday, day 28, I still didn’t get my period. Then, I knew.

Wednesday, day 29, was the date of the blood test. I said I knew, but when my name was called to pick up the results, I got butterflies. I saw the number. It said my hCG was 163 (less than 5 is negative for pregnancy). I started crying and shaking. 163 is too low, I thought. I was afraid it meant I couldn’t keep this miracle. As I walked out of the hospital, a number rings in on my phone that I don’t recognize. I ignore it. It calls again. I ignore it. It calls again. I answer it. It’s my nurse. (What doctor’s office calls three times in a row until you pick up the phone?) She just wanted to see if I got my blood drawn. I told her the number. She said 163 was great! We only needed it to be above 50 at that point. My progesterone is really good, too. Whew! I know God told her to call me so I could be reassured. He doesn’t want me to walk in fear during this pregnancy. He’s trying to help me, but it’s mostly up to me. 

I intended to wait until Friday to tell my husband since it was his birthday. Of course, I couldn’t wait. I blindfolded him and drove him to Garvin Park in Evansville, IN (where we got engaged and where I told him about my pregnancy with the other two). When we got there, I removed the blindfold, handed him the report and said, “Happy birthday, Daddy.” 

“Really?” he asked with tears in his eyes. I made him so happy.

I thought he would know where I was taking him and why as soon as I blindfolded him, but he didn’t. “I just thought the blindfold was something sexual,” he said, meaning it. Ha! He had his dates all wrong. He had no idea it was time to find out the big news. 

Thank you to everyone so, so much for your prayers. I truly believe we received this amazing blessing because we all prayed and believed. Please, please keep the prayers coming. I really want to keep this baby and bring him/her/them home. It’s not over, yet.

6 comments:

  1. Will certainly keep praying! I am over joyed for you and Skyler!!! Enjoy every moment "don't worry be HAPPY!" :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are soooooooooooooo excited. We are ready for a new neice or nephew or both. We love you both. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! I've been praying and watching for a post from you! I'm so glad for you! BUT...now I am praying really hard for YOU---to be able to relax and enjoy your pregnancy! Have fun! (I'm also praying for the new little one(s), that they would be perfectly healthy and peaceful as God knits them together in your womb! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful news!!! God has definitely answered your prayers and the prayers of your many friends!!! We will be waiting for updates!!! Just relax and enjoy every moment of this pregnancy - God has it all under control. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!. Super excited for you Bonnie (and Skyler) I'm praying

    ReplyDelete