Wednesday, March 9, 2011

9 Weeks: Miracle Baby

Our baby came up on the screen, but I delayed my celebration. I saw the baby, but I first thought, "Is it alive?" I remembered seeing sweet Tater Tot just lying there. I was afraid it was the same. I'm sorry, but yes, I was afraid.

I didn't watch too closely. Then, I heard Skyler say, "I can see the heart beat right there." The doctor confirmed.

"Really?" I looked, and there it was! Then, I heard it. 184 beats per minute!



Our little baby started moving and wiggling. He/she is the cutest thing ever. The baby measured perfectly for its gestational age. Here's the best part: a perfect brain! The sonographer showed us the perfectly formed midline between the right and left hemispheres. I could see it! It is the most glorious thing I have ever seen. I have been so worried about this child's brain. I don't have to worry. God made us a perfect brain.

Thank you so much for believing for me. I have been on the phone with people all night sharing the news, and you know what? No one is surprised to hear it. Overjoyed, but not surprised. Thank you, for lending me your faith.



The head is on the right. The blackish area is the brain. The circle on the left is the yolk sac. Do you see the little arm waving hello?



The baby's head is on the left. Do you see the little arms and legs? The spot on the right is the yolk sac.


3D photo. That is our little miracle! I think he/she looks like a seahorse. Incredible, isn't it?






3 comments:

  1. I wish you both the best, congratulations on a wonderful day! I hope for many many many more visits just like this one... and I am saying Girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With tears in my eyes, I say Congratulations!!! So happy for you and Skyler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect little Snack Pack!! You will be taking this miracle home!!! So happy for you and Skyler.

    ReplyDelete