Friday, June 17, 2011

23 Weeks 2 Days: Sugar Rush!

I wish I would have taken a picture of this cupcake, but my focus was only on eating it. So, here's the closest thing I found online:

It was a Triple Chocolate Cupcake from The Fresh Market in Evansville, IN. My sister got it for the baby (wink, wink) as a "Phew! We're done registering for baby gifts. Now, let's go collapse on the couch with some well-deserved chocolate!" treat. It was a humongous chocolate cupcake with chocolate filling and a very thick layer of rich chocolate frosting sprinkled with chocolate chips. Oh. My. Goodness. Did Baby Girl get a sugar rush! She was up all evening moving and kicking and just couldn't stop!

The registering. Oh, the registering. How fun! How exciting! How exhausting! My sister, my nine year old niece, and I spent the perfect day registering and having the fun we've been waiting so long to have. We went to JoAnn Fabrics and chose fabric and ribbons to decorate the nursery. My sister is making the bedding and curtains. We went to Lowe's and selected coordinating paint colors. We visited Michael's and got nursery accessories and baby shower decorations. Finally, we registered for all the baby essentials (and some wants) at Wal-Mart and Babies-R-Us.

A few of our selections for our pink and green "Garden Party" nursery:

Baskets for nursery necessities like diapers, wipes, ointment, and HAIR BOWS.

 Baby shower accessories--flower cupcake papers, butterfly sprinkles, and IT'S A GIRL confetti and candy.

Nursery embellishments

Butterfly nursery craft projects

Garden stakes that we'll take apart and make wall hangings

Nursery fabric, sewing pattern, ribbons, and paint samples. Oh yeah! We're going PINK!

My 9 year old niece Sydney testing out Baby Girl's new bouncer with her babydoll

Sydney giving Aunt Bonnie a much-needed lesson in diapering and dressing the baby

3 comments:

  1. Love the nursery Bon!! So adorable for a precious baby girl!! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That nursery is gonna be super cute!!! I can't wait to see it all done up. You must post pictures!! Oh, and that cupcake up there is a must too. It looks beyond delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last comment was from me. I'm still trying to figure this new blog thing out
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete