Friday, July 16, 2010

God Gives Us Dreams

July 1, 2009 we finally tried the fertility procedure again. I didn’t think it was going to work. I thought, “If it didn’t work the first time, what’s going to make it work this time?” I didn’t know, though, that the HSG I had this time (a procedure that checks to see if there is a blockage in the fallopian tubes) actually flushes out debris in the tubes and increases the chances of conception.

Day 26, I was a nervous wreck. Day 27, a basket case. Day 28, I couldn’t believe I had made it this far. Day 29, I knew I was carrying a dream. Day 35, I got the blood test to prove it. Day 38, the nurse told me that my second HCG test (pregnancy test) is very high, possibly indicating twins. At six weeks we had our first ultrasound. One baby.

We were happy about that. While one baby wasn’t as exciting as two, it was definitely less scary. At eight weeks, we had another ultrasound to hear the heartbeat. Beautiful.

Everything was perfect. I was having the dream pregnancy. No morning sickness (I always knew I wouldn’t have any.). No spotting. Everything was perfect. At 11 weeks, we heard the heartbeat again. We had such a strong little baby.

We were full of hope. I was full of hope for a girl. I had always wanted a girl. I mean, really wanted a girl. Not a boy. My husband truly didn’t have a preference. I was thankful, though, for whoever it was that God had put inside my belly and knew I would be in love with whoever it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment