Sunday, July 18, 2010

Big Scare

At sixteen weeks gestation, I unexpectedly had a big bleed. I thought it was over. I thought my baby died. My sister took me to the ER at 10:30 PM. After what felt like forever, the nurse found the heartbeat. I began to sob uncontrollably. Thank you, Jesus!

We had to wait for the sonographer to arrive at the hospital. She scanned us for a long time. We thought that was a little strange, but we were just glad to see that beautiful baby kicking away in there. As it turns out, I had placenta previa. The placenta was incorrectly positioned over the cervix instead of the top of the uterus. I was told to be careful, follow up with my regular doctor, and that I may require a C-section.

After seeing the baby on the ultrasound, we just had a feeling it was a boy. To us, it looked like a boy. The next day, we went shopping and looked at mostly boy stuff.

In just moments, I went from having a perfect pregnancy to being high risk. If it’s a boy, that will be just fine. The only thing that matters is having a healthy baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment