Sunday, April 15, 2012

Promised by God

When our pastor shared this bible verse with us a few Sundays ago, I gave my little girl a squeeze in my arms and thanked God for her (like I do everyday) and whispered in her ear a reminder of the kept promise that she is to me.

Psalm 138:2 (NLT)
I bow before your holy Temple as I worship.
    I praise your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness;
for your promises are backed
    by all the honor of your name.

 Cassidy Nicole
6 months 10 days

The little dress she's wearing in this picture is actually the first baby outfit I ever bought when I was pregnant with Gabriel (before I found out I was having a boy . . . among other things). When I found out I didn't need the dress anymore, I gave it to my niece, Sydney, to dress her babydoll. Her babydoll did indeed wear it many times and looked beautiful. Being the thoughtful little girl that she is, Sydney returned the dress to me when she found out I was having a girl (Her babydoll outgrew it, anyway). Two and a half years after I bought this "sweet" dress, my perfect, healthy little girl, promised by God, wears it. 

He loves me . . .

Sitting up

Being sweet

Doing a little dance

No way!

Standing up. This girl can do it all! She can do
everything because God made her completely perfect in
every way, just like Mommy asked Him to.


Psalm 113:9 (NLT)
He gives the childless woman a family, making her a happy mother. 
Praise the Lord!

4 comments:

  1. ummm...I need to see her-- like yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do need to see her! She has lots of new tricks to show you.

      Delete
  2. I remember the dress....So thoughtful of Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is oh so sweet! I remember the dress....hard to believe how much time has went by. Thankful for answered prayers :) Cassidy you are beautiful sweetheart and I love you very much! Aunt Stace

    ReplyDelete